Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 2 (10-inch) quesadillas (4 to 6 servings)
- 2 cup shredded John Henry's Marble (Colby & Monterey Jack) Cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, cooked John Henry’s Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Guacamole (optional, see above)
- Salsa, for serving (optional, see above)
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Finely chopped Roma Tomato
- Shredded Lettuce
Combine the cheeses in a medium bowl.
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat until hot, about 3 minutes. Place a flour tortilla in the pan and sprinkle with half of the shredded chicken, half of the cilantro, and half of the cheese mixture. Top with a second flour tortilla and cook until the underside of the bottom tortilla is golden brown in several spots and half of the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook until the underside of the second tortilla is crisp and golden brown in several spots and all of the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
Slide the quesadilla from the pan onto a plate or cutting board and cut into wedges (I use a pizza cutter). Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make a second quesadilla. Serve topped with tomato, lettuce, guacamole, salsa and sour cream, if desired.