Please add products to your cart.
Please add products to your wishlist.
Please add products to compare.
· Boil potatoes and ham until potatoes are soft
and will break apart easily when a fork is inserted into them.
· Strain potatoes and save potato water to add
back into soup (This will be deliciously flavored by the ham bone.
· Meanwhile in a skillet, cook bacon over
medium-high heat until crisp. Reserve bacon fat. Once the bacon has cooled,
crumble it into small pieces.
· In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low
heat. Add in bacon grease, garlic, and onion, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until
the onion is tender.
· In a small bowl add milk and half and half,
whisk in flour and salt, garlic salt, and pepper slowly add milk mixture to the
pan stirring continuously.
· Whisk in the saved potato water and continue to
simmer for approximately 5-7 mins. The mixture will start to thicken.
· Add cheese, bacon, and sour cream. Remove pan
from heat and add cooked potato chunks.
· Stir to break potatoes apart. Serve hot and garnish with cheese, bacon, and chives or green onion.
Watch this video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Ozeu-Pq4C6w